How to Apply
- When a vacancy occurs in one of Foscadh Housing’s estates, we contact the appropriate Local Authority and ask for nominations from their housing waiting lists.
- We work in partnership with the relevant Local Authority to best allocate the house.
- All Foscadh Housing applicants must be approved by their Local Authority as being in need of Social Housing support. (i.e. on a local authority waiting list)
To find out more information about the application process please click on the following link http://www.louthcoco.ie/en/Services/Housing/Forms/Louth_County_Council/Social-Housing-Application-Form.pdf
Once Foscadh Housing receives a housing nomination from the relevant local authority housing department, the following process begins:
- Our Foscadh Housing Officer will then contact the nominated applicant/s
- A Foscadh Housing Application Form will be given to the applicants and any support needed in filling it out is offered.
- Applicants will need to complete and sign the application form
- References must be provided by the applicant/s
- All necessary supporting documentation must be included in the application, including Birth Certificate
- Foscadh Housing will then interview the applicant/s in their current home, where appropriate.
- Applicants will then receive a Rent Assessment Form.
- Successful applicants receive formal notification of a offer of a home with Foscadh Housing, together with their Tenancy Documentation and official confirmation of their means assessed rent needs – i.e. the approved and agreed rent to be paid by the tenant.
- All new tenants must attend a pre-tenancy training course.
- With everything completed the tenant/s receives the keys of their new home with Foscadh Housing.